My card idea remained the same but the color palette changed into three of the new yummy In-Colors! Here's my card:
And here's the GDP banner
Aren't those colors luscious? It's like looking at Rainbow Sherbet! The three colors I used were Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, and Sweet Sugarplum.
Here's how the card came together:
- I started with a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 5 1/4 by 4. I cut another piece of white cardstock slightly bigger and cut an oval out of the center using an Oval Framelet. I put the die cut oval in my scrap pile and kept the rest for a mask.
- I arranged the mask over the smaller piece of cardstock making sure the oval was centered. I then taped the pieces to my desk.
- I started sponging Peekaboo Peach through the middle of the oval with a dauber. I repeated the process with Flirty Flamingo. I then sponged Sweet Sugarplum on both ends of the oval. I blended as I went.
- I removed the mask and sponged the stars using an acetate mask that I cut with punches and die cuts. To sponge, I used a dauber and White Craft Ink.
- After the piece dried, I stamped the sentiment from the retiring Bravo stamp set in VersaMark. I then embossed it with white embossing powder. For some bling, I added a few gold stars.
- To finish my card I mounted it on a 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock. I then mounted that piece on my Peekaboo Peach card base.
I hope you have a chance to try these new colors yourself when the catalog goes live on June 1st, but until then try this sketch with color choices of your own.