Welcome to InKing Royalty's August Blog Hop! Today's Blog Hop is filled with projects inspired by some of our favorite Fall-themed products. What fun! Stampin' Up!'s catalogs (both the Annual Catalog and soon-to-be-released Holiday Catalog) are filled with so many fun products for the Autumn holidays - and we are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I've chosen the beautiful stamp set, Gourd Goodness, as one of my favorite sets from the new catalog coming out September 1st. This beautiful set uses two-step stamping to produce gorgeous, realistic pumpkins, gourds, and leaves. Here's my card. I love the way it turned out.
I chose to give my card a simple but lovely look using the Masking Technique. Here are the directions for making my card:
- Emboss the 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 piece of Whisper White Cardstock with the largest label from the Lots of Labels Framelits Dies. Here is a close up of the embossing.
You should be able to see the framelit embossed in the picture above. I think it adds some elegance to the card. To do the embossing, you run it through your Big Shot using a Silicone Craft Sheet under the cardstock. Here's a picture of the sandwich:
- While you're at the Big Shot, run the die through again with the framelit centered on any color of cardstock. Keep the center for another project. You will use the outside of the piece as the mask for your card front.
- Two step stamp the pumpkin images. Stamp the solid pumpkin image again on a piece of scrap paper. Cut the scrap image out to use as a mask.
- Stamp the greeting and heat emboss.
- Apply both cut out masks to the card. Using Pear Pizzazz, sponge the bottom half of the unmasked area. Using Soft Sky, sponge the top half of the area leaving an unmasked area around the sentiment.
- Remove both masks and you're done!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you'll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Racheal Shedeed at Blue Bonnet Stampin'.
Enjoy the rest of the hop!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie's Crafts
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Racheal Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin'
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations