Welcome to InKing Royalty's April Blog Hop! This year's hops are themed around some of our favorite songs. Today's hop pulls inspiration from B.B. King's song "Let the Good Times Roll." How fun is that?! We've created projects that either feature images with wheels (cards, wagons, bikes) or celebrate good times. We are excited to share our projects with you. After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My card for today features one of the new In-Colors, Blueberry Bushel. This color is a beautiful saturated blue that worked well for watercoloring. Take a look....
My card base is Blueberry Bushel and is paired with Soft Suede embossed with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. The old-fashioned truck is from the Country Livin' Stamp Set. I'm so glad this set returns in the new catalog!
The body of the truck is watercolored with an Aquapainter using Blueberry Bushel Ink. The rest of the image was watercolored with Smoky Slate, Soft Suede, and Old Olive inks. The sentiment was stamped using a new stamp set I received at Onstage called Pick a Pennant.
I finished my card using a piece of Burlap Ribbon. I pulled a few strands from the edge to give it the loops. I attached the ribbon at the top with Tear and Tape. I added one of the True Gentleman Buttons. I did not try to thread the strands of ribbon through the button! Instead, I cheated by tying the bow and sticking it to the button with a glue dot.
I hope you liked my card! Thank you for stopping by today. Please hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps. There's lots of inspiration to be found in this group - and you don't want to miss it!
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin'
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Candy Ford at StampCandy
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie's Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Deb Cozzone at Grand Central Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp