Welcome to InKing Royalty's August Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs - this month's song is "Dog Days Are Over." While we still feel the heat from a long, hot summer, August is a perfect time of year to start planning our Fall-themed cards. The projects in our hop will showcase Autumn, back-to-school and warm colors - you might even see a dog or two! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
This time of year has me browsing clothing stores to see what colors are featured in clothing for the Fall. I saw a lot of wines so I decided to feature one of our new colors, Merry Merlot, on my card for today. I paired this new color with one of our returning colors, Mossy Meadow. Here's my card:
This and That:
- I am in LOVE with the Serene Garden Bundle! The images are crisp and remind me of the Art Deco style.
- I stamped the large corner stamp on a Very Vanilla panel using Memento ink. I then colored it using the Dark and Light Old Olive Stampin' Blends.
- I used one of the dies to cut out the foliage so that some of the Mossy Meadow panel behind shows through. This die is REALLY cool!
- I stamped the butterfly and flower images in Memento, colored them with my Merry Merlot Stampin' Write Marker, and die cut them. I popped them onto my card front with Dimensionals.
- The Merry Merlot tag is cut using the a framelet from the Sweet Cake Framelits.
- The sentiment is from the Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set.
- Isn't that ribbon FABULOUS?! It's the 5/8 inch Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon in Very Vanilla.
- After my card was completed, I adhered it to its Merry Merlot card base.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you'll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie. There's lots of inspiration to be found in this group - and you don't want to miss it!
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin'
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie's Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie